Generally speaking, many scholars will encounter the problem of document translation when doing academic research and publishing papers. Translation companies believe that due to the high requirements for translators in document translation, they choose professional translation companies for translation. How do professional translation companies translate documents? What do translators need to know?
There are five consensus points in document translation
1. Conversion according to the usage habits: according to the usage habits of the original language and the target language, the translation work is carried out, and the language conversion and information transmission are carried out, so as to ensure that the readers can understand.
2. According to the specific translation standards: literature translation or professional translation, there are certain standards, such as "faithfulness, fluency and vividness".
3. Certain translation skills: translation work needs to master certain skills, otherwise it is difficult to translate "high quality" translation.
4. Appropriate creation: the translator should give full play to his subjective initiative and intelligence, and combine with the role of literature to make appropriate creation, so as to add luster to the translation.
5. Understanding "one servant and two masters": this theory is very popular in foreign translation circles. One servant is the translator, and the other is the original text and translation.
There are three requirements for document translation
1. 100% expression: although it is impossible to express the content of the original document 100%, translators should be strict with themselves.
2. Creation in Translation: in order to achieve 100% expression as far as possible, it is necessary to make reasonable creation in document translation.
3. In order to achieve a good effect, the content and form of the original text have to be appropriately deleted.